How To Design On-Demand Geofilters Within The Snapchat App
- 3 min read
It's June 28th, 2017 and Snapchat just made a huge move in it's endless quest to make Geofilters cover every corner of the world. Why is this the case? As of Tech Crunch and The Verge reported, Snapchat has just made it possible for anyone to design their own Snapchat geofilters (or "filters") without ever having to leave the app.
How To Design Geofilters Within The Snapchat App
In order to access Snapchat's new geofilter template feature, simply:
- Open up the app
- Go to Settings
- Tap "On-Demand Geofilters"
- Choose from the list of themes
- Design your geofilter
- Set your Geofilter's time frame
- Set your desired area that your geofilter will be able to be used (pro tip: leave a small amount of buffer space to ensure you or your guests don't have any issues getting your geofilter to show up)
- Confirm your purchase and enjoy your very own On-Demand Snapchat geofilter!
Snapchat prices their On-Demand Geofilters starting at $5.99 USD and it can take up to 24 hours for Snap to review and approve your geofilter.
Important to note:
Be sure you go over Snapchat's official on-demand geofilter guidelines, Otherwise, you run the risk of having your filter rejected.
2017 has already been a huge year for Snapchat. The company rebranded to Snap, went public, released custom Stories, implemented Stories Search, and only just a few days ago released the critically acclaimed Snap Map.
However, Snapchat needs to continue to innovate if the hopeful company intends to stay ahead of the Facebook copies.